Product and Business Strategy Lead
Facebook | Menlo Park
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world – over 1.3 billion people use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to communicate with the people and businesses that matter to you. In addition to texting, you can make free voice and video calls, make payments, play games, send stickers & gifs and chat with groups. Messenger is also redefining the boundaries of messaging apps with novel visual messaging features, end-to-end encryption, a hugely popular bot platform, AI, and topic-based conversation spaces. As a team, we combine the best parts of working at a startup with global scale. This position sits at the center of the Messenger Product organization and is responsible for helping to develop strategy, drive planning, and support business operations across all of the product teams in Messenger. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, structured, and possesses a mix of strong product sense and business acumen. This position is full-time and based at our Menlo Park office.
- Drives and orchestrates the overall strategic planning process for Messenger, including 6 month product roadmaps, goal setting, and investment planning
- Participates as part of the Messenger leadership team, facilitating key decisions and driving execution across both product and business objectives
- Manages the operating rhythms across Messenger, enabling the product organization to execute with speed and efficiency
- Represents Messenger as key liaison in coordinating with other internal planning functions (e.g. Finance, HR, etc.)
- Develops content and drives communication across Messenger and Facebook, including reviews with executives, communicating regular product updates, and consolidating strategic plans for review with the Facebook executive team
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or business strategy/planning
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams
- Communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working in a consumer focused technology company