Product Analyst Groupon
Groupon | Seattle 2018-05-24
“Getaways” is the travel vertical of Groupon and one of the key businesses within the company. We are a small team building the end-to-end Getaways product – from the user experience (mobile apps, web) for consumers to user experience for our lodging partners to internal operations tools. Although we are already a billion-dollar global business, we have only scratched the surface having a tremendous opportunity lie ahead of us.
We are looking for a Product Analyst who bridges the operational and product sides of Groupon, using a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, and operational horsepower to drive business value from Getaways product and engineering investments.
- Partnering with Product managers, and to a lesser extent, engineering, marketing and sales to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift.
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to understand how users interact with Getaways’ offerings
- Developing & testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities in the business
- Quantifying the value / size of new opportunities to inform and prioritize product roadmaps
- Designing both the business logic and the technical specifications to extract key data elements from Getaways’ products
- Creating dashboards and communicating product performance towards achieving product goals
- Reviewing product performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new features
- Develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, etc.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4+ years of relevant work experience in highly analytical roles (consulting, investment banking, product analytics, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Interest and passion for data, product development and e-commerce
- Excellent communicator (written + oral). An ability to work well with a wide range of people.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.