Premise | San Francisco
Premise is growing! We’re hiring a Product Manager in San Francisco, CA to infuse our team with drive, technical and intellectual horsepower, and diverse perspectives. As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for breaking down complex problems into steps that drive product development. If you’ve been wanting to work at a technology company that can positively impact people’s lives around the world, Premise is for you.
Premise is a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world’s hardest-to-see places. We enable global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data. Our current clients include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and United States Department of State (DOS). A $66M Series C Venture Capital organization, we are backed by Google Ventures, Social Capital, and Andreessen Horowitz, among others, and our board and advisors include thought leaders such as Larry Summers and Rajiv Shah. Learn more about us at www.premise.com; or Follow us at @Premise.com.
We are a passionate, tight-knit team that moves fast, appreciates candor, and deeply values the diversity of our backgrounds. Our diversity mirrors the global nature of our work: we’ve lived in 30 countries, speak 14 languages, and believe in the value of life experience that an unconventional background inherently brings. What unites us is our innate curiosity and collective ambition to build technology that ultimately has a measurable human impact.
What you get to do:
- Play key role in defining features and user experience for a high growth app in major global markets
- Contribute to the strategic prioritization of roadmap features and communicate to the Senior Executive Team
- Ensure all aspects of roadmap delivery
- Collaborate across teams - this role plays a critical role in creating alignment between engineering and other stakeholders
- Have an immediate impact on a globally-used mobile application in emerging markets that improves people’s communities and livelihood
- Champion a culture of partnership and engagement internally
Your background likely includes:
- 3+ years Product Management
- Mobile Applications
- Deep understanding the Product Owner’s role in Agile Scrum
- Startup experience
- Started in engineering and grew into Product (likely CS degree)
- Manage through several product lifecycles and iterations
- Partner with engineering and business to develop comprehensive and aligned roadmaps for success
- A collaborative attitude
- Understand emerging markets
- Previous work experience with data science teams
The New York Times: Lawrence Summers to join Board of hyperdata startup
Washington Post: These smartphone photos can help shape national policy