Full Stack Software Engineer
Notable Labs | San Francisco
Are you looking for a mission driven company where your work will directly impact human lives? Do you have a passion for scientific data and broad experience writing web applications? Do you think that cancer treatment should be personalized and want to build software to accelerate that reality?
What You'll Do:
- Write clean, well crafted, modular, and maintainable code.
- Drive innovation by learning and teaching new frameworks and technologies.
- Build data-rich web applications for scientists and laboratory users to visualize scientific data, talk to robots, drive laboratory workflows, organize medical knowledge, and facilitate cancer treatment discovery.
- Write test code that matters, is lightweight, is easy to extend, and supports your quick development cycles.
- Work in a dynamic interdisciplinary environment on multi-functional project teams of: software engineers, automation engineers, data scientists, machine learning experts, bioengineers, computational biologists, process engineers, clinical and R&D scientists, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/training
- Experience in the AWS ecosystem (EC2, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB)
- 3+ years of production experience
- Relational and NoSQL database experience
- Unix, Git, and other command line tools
- Significant experience testing critical code with modern testing tools and libraries
- Passionate about building scientific software for domain experts to improve and personalize the treatment of cancer
Nice to Haves:
- Contributions to open source projects
- DevOps experience with AWS and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and data
- Experience with Python data tools (Pandas, Numpy, Jupyter, scikit-learn)
- Experience with data visualization tools (d3, Plotly, matplotlib, gg-plot)
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to directly fight cancer, one patient at a time
- Exposure to experts from diverse backgrounds ranging from engineering, data science, operations, clinical medicine, patient advocacy, and beyond
- Work in a collaborative environment with a team dedicated to both personal and scientific growth and development
- Highly competitive, early stage company compensation package, with incredible growth opportunities
- Outstanding healthcare benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- … did we mention daily catered lunch?
More About Us:
Notable Labs is a precision medicine company that has a translational drug discovery platform focused on identifying therapeutic options for relapsed and refractory cancer patients.
Our clinical research lab helps oncologists identify personalized combinations of existing FDA-approved treatments for patients. We’ve developed a high throughput robotic flow cytometry lab platform that screens thousands of FDA-approved drug combinations against the patient’s own cancer cells to help predict safer and more effective cancer treatments. Our lab has completed initial feasibility studies with clinicians in relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia & Myelodysplastic Syndrome, with an 84% predictive rate. Focusing on individual patients and existing treatments, we’re working to discover novel uses of drugs and defining mechanisms underlying cancer progression and drug resistance.
Our research and development platform extends our clinical research to drug discovery, testing novel compounds with primary patient samples for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Using our automated, high-throughput, multi-parametric drug screening research platform, industry partners can assay the biological impact of novel compounds on primary cells in a physiologically relevant environment. This helps our partners stratify patients by their predicted responsiveness, increasing the probability of successful clinical development. We are actively partnering with pharmaceutical companies that have preclinical and clinical stage drug pipelines in Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Myelodysplastic Syndrome, or related hematological malignancies to profile experimental drug activity in patient samples.
Our investors include Builders Venture Capital, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, several prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case. We have offices and a laboratory in San Francisco’s SoMa district.
At Notable Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.