Leap Year AI | Berkeley
Thanks for your interest in working at LeapYear.
This is an overview of the problem we are solving, what we’ve done so far, and how you can get involved.
LeapYear is a secure, automated machine learning platform for integrating, analyzing, and protecting sensitive data.
Enterprises cannot safely leverage their data for analytics and machine learning because of security, privacy, and regulatory risks. LeapYear's technology enables enterprises to securely analyze and share sensitive data without exposing any confidential information.
Unlike traditional methods which remove or obfuscate information, LeapYear enables analytics across all data elements and data sources with the highest standard of security and privacy.
LeapYear is deployed with the world’s largest enterprises across healthcare, technology, and financial services, solving entrenched problems around operationalizing data. We have raised $12.6M in capital and contracted seven-figure annual recurring revenue from customers. LeapYear is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Nyca Partners, Silicon Valley Bank, Bloomberg, and Peter Thiel.
LeapYear has a strong culture of teaching, learning, and constant improvement. Our team of 25 includes senior executives from Fortune 500 companies as well as PhD-level cryptographers, researchers, and machine learning engineers with decades of experience with top organizations such as Google, Uber, MIT, and the US Department of Defense.
We are advised by Enrique Salem, former CEO of Symantec, Hans Morris, former President of VISA, and world experts in security and machine learning.
To learn more about our mission, team, and company culture, please see: http://leapyear.ai/careers.
As a data scientist at LeapYear, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing, testing, and deploying machine learning products on customer data sets. You and our data science team will use LeapYear's platform to create value from the world's most sensitive, siloed data sources.
For details on the specific responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see below.
- Leverage LeapYear’s secure machine learning platform to deliver value from the world’s most sensitive and previously siloed data sources
- Conceptualize, develop, test, and deploy machine learning products on customer data sets using LeapYear’s platform
- Become an expert user and advocate of LeapYear’s secure machine learning SDK and collaborate with product and engineering to develop best practices and new features
- Serve as a technical and subject matter expert in financial services and healthcare information technology, assisting sales during pre-sales and post-sales efforts
- PhD or equivalent in machine learning, computer science, math, statistics, or physics
- Strong foundations in the theoretical underpinnings of machine learning
- Minimum 2 years of data science experience required
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience working with large data sets and tools like MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Experience working with large data streaming technologies like Spark, Flink, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment
- Expert knowledge of data analytics architecture, including knowledge of RDBMS, ETL, BI, and advanced machine learning libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, Theano, Caffe), etc.
- Deep understanding of data science process, machine learning, data architecture, and IT systems
- Experience with the analytical workflows used in financial services and healthcare
A few of the perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch and dinner every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Free yoga and meditation classes at a world-class studio downstairs
- Relocation support
Our team solves hard, real-world problems that impact every data-driven organization.
We are looking for more people that thrive in an open environment working on deeply technical challenges.
If you are interested in interviewing for this position, please submit an application below. Thanks for your consideration.
LeapYear provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LeapYear expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.