Java Software Developer Ancestry
@Ancestry | San Francisco
Ancestry is seeking a Java Software Developer (backend) to join our Gateway Platform team. This is an opportunity to come join a quickly-growing, highly challenging, greenfield development team in backend Java within a Linux environment. This team is responsible for the layer that authenticates and uses API methods for mobile and 3rd party applications.
You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the world-wide leader in two categories, family history and consumer genetic testing.
In this role you will be focused on development of backend services which serve over 4 million customers. This role provides many opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
What you will do:
- Create Java based solutions
- Solve complex problems presented by distributed architecture
- Develop and improve highly available and reliable applications
- Work within an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development process
- Write excellent documentation and unit tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree/experience)
- Workplace experience with Java and compatible web servers
- 3+ years’ experience developing service-oriented or web applications in Java
- Experience with Linux-based continuous delivery
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience writing Unit Tests and Integration Tests
- Familiarity with Java tools and the JRE.
- Understanding of software development processes, patterns, and principles (such as SOLID)
- Ability to consistently write unit tests for all code developed
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience designing and developing APIs
- Experience with OAUTH security helpful
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.