ITX Systems Manager
Airbnb | San Francisco
The IT Systems Engineering Manager will lead a team of System Engineers responsible for designing, building, and improving Airbnb’s IT Systems comprising of: Application Hosting (cloud and on-prem), Single Sign-on, Directory Services, SaaS administration, and Client/Endpoint management. We are looking for someone with a technical background, customer focused, and with demonstrated business acumen who can get things done, provide technical direction, and develop a team of systems engineers.
- Define, manage, and update the worldwide IT Systems strategy and roadmap.
- Own and manage the security posture of all IT Systems portfolio. Meet or exceed all security SLAs for patching and remediations.
- As the ultimate owner of the supportability of your services, you will work with our IT Operations team and other IT Engineering teams to ensure we build with operations in mind.
- Oversee the scalability and refresh of systems infrastructure and core services
- Manage vendor relationships including SLAs and project deliverables with the appropriate support organizations
- Interface with end-user support organization on implementation of support models and system integration/automation of manual tasks and processes to improve efficiency.
- Owner of IT CD/DevOps Tooling and System/Configuration Management Automation
- Responsible for compliance controls implementation, oversight and audit
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to management on a regular basis
- Plan and evaluate work of technical and other support staff
- Forecast and manage to budget.
- Experience running Single Sign-on for a large organization
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling, DevOps concepts, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience implementing and running a configuration management platform (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience running datacenter workloads in the cloud at scale (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Experience running datacenter workloads on-prem (VMware)
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Jenkins is strongly preferred
- Experience building and managing global IT infrastructure, systems and services in high-growth companies
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
- 10+ years of industry experience with Engineering and Operational focus
- Demonstrated understanding of system security including risk management and compliance
- Experience managing VARs, Carrier Vendors and/or Managed Services Providers
- Proven ability to manage and develop a technical team of Engineers
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical people. Skilled in writing concise, understandable, technical documentation
- Ability to work independently, keeping track of a number of continuing problems, requests, and projects
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills. A track record of delivery.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring of staff