IT Application Development Intern, CORP - Fall 2018 Sony
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. | Culver City 2018-07-18
IT Application Development Intern, CORP - Fall 2018
The Application Development and Maintenance (ADM) team is responsible for development in support of SPE business applications. For the ADM-MP Distribution and GMS team this involves developing applications in support of our Mastering and Content Fulfillment, Motion Pictures distribution planning, Exhibitor Relations, Airlines distribution business . We also provide reporting solutions that provide valuable insights to the business for improved decision making.
The team works with the latest tools and technologies and works in an Agile development environment to provide value to the business.
- Participate in daily sprint meetings and contribute
- Working on assigned development deliverables and updating status in project management tool
- To provide functional testing and feedback on delivered code
- To provide documentation in support of business requirements
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
- Analyzing and estimating business requirements
- Design and develop code for a business application
- Stay current on modern software development best practices, emerging technologies
- Functional Testing experience
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship and able to work part time
- Teamwork & collaboration skills
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Life cycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
Exposure to these Technical skills is a plus:
- Experience with XML/HTTP and or Restful Web services
- Experience with AngularJS, HTML5
- Knowledge of Spring ecosystem, with at least some familiarity with Spring Boot or Spring Cloud
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Database Knowledge (SQL)
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks , real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Fall internship is from Tuesday, September 11th through December 14th but is flexible with start date based on school schedule. All candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours and be currently enrolled in a college or university
- Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios