iOS Mobile Developer Charles Schwab
Charles Schwab | San Francisco 2018-06-17
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Software Applications Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Mobile TEch Team is looking for a software engineer to work on the Schwab Retail iOS application. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in the role. Our Software Applications Engineers are driven to learn and grow and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, design, program, debug, configure and modify software systems and/or new products used in local, cloud, networked, mobile or Internet-related technology. Code may be used in commercial and/or end-user applications.
- Using current programming language and technologies write code and perform testing. logging and debugging of applications, all with the goals of Maintainability, Availability, and Scalability.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
- 3-5 years professional experience in software development
- 3-5 years of experience in at least one modern programming language such as Swift or Objective-C.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support all development phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Requirements review
- Translating requirements into a Design
- Design implementation including coding, code reviews, static analysis, etc.…
- All aspects of testing (unit, functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Production implementation and support
- Participation in all review and governance activities
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Ability both work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and management
- Track record of being detailed oriented, self-starter and deliverables with minimal defects
- Experience with Agile and being a part of a scrum team
- Expertise with either Swift or Java programming Languages.
- Expertise with appropriate SDKs & IDEs, such as:
- iOS Core Frameworks
- Solid working knowledge with distributed software source control (i.e., Git)
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design (OOA/OOD)
- Extensive knowledge of software patterns and practices.
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as XCTest.
- Extensive knowledge with web standards, such as:
- Working experience with Scrum/Agile
- Extensive knowledge with responsive native User Interface
- Experience with Agile tracking system (i.e., Jira, TFS, Trello, etc.)
- Can contribute to application and platform architecture and design
- Knowledge of software security practices, such as:
- Cryptographic algorithms
- Software security scanning
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Working experience with Atlassian Tool Suite.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.