Urban Airship | Portland
You are passionate about the customer experience, technology, and can personally relate to a developer’s struggles. You help bridge the gap between technical and non-technical and frequently interact with development, product, marketing, and leadership from our largest clients. You will be required to act as the product expert that can use a client’s use case to help guide their technical teams through the implementation of Urban Airship’s products and services.
- Interface with customers in final stages of contracting with Sales to gather, collect, and document technical, product, and contract requirements regarding the customer's purchase(s) of Urban Airship’s products.
- Coordinate new customer activities with appropriate team members. Keep all parties apprised of customer requirements, deliverables, and timelines.
- Act as single point of contact for customers in implementation process ensuring a high level of responsiveness if issues arise.
- Provide metrics as established by department leadership to track and report customer implementation activities and associated issues and/or opportunities for reporting to both customer and internal stakeholder reporting.
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership for customer issues from initial contact to resolution including troubleshooting the issue, determining root cause and ensuring that the customer understands the resolution.
- Partner with the Engineering and Development teams to resolve customer issues.
- Write documentation, knowledge base articles, and tutorials to improve the customer experience of Urban Airship products and services.
- Participate in the QA process of current and new products/services and work frequently with product and engineering teams to address opportunities and product enhancements.
- Contribute to the development of our implementation and support policies and procedures.
- Do whatever it takes to provide an outstanding experience!
Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of technical client-facing experience
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Mac OS X command line
- Comfortable with iOS and Android mobile platforms and their development tools
- Able to read code and write code (especially Python, Java, or Objective-C)
- Good with people when they are happy and when they are not
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers
- Must thrive at working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment while working independently
- If you’re tenacious, good humored, diplomatic and helpful you’ll succeed in this role
Urban Airship is trusted by thousands of businesses looking to grow with mobile. Every day, marketers and developers depend on Urban Airship to deliver more than one billion mobile moments that inspire interest and drive action. Urban Airship’s mobile growth platform is used by many of the world’s most admired companies, including Adidas, Alaska Airlines, The Home Depot, NBC Universal, Sky Media, and Zillow.