HubSpot Developer SpotOn
SpotOn | Chicago 2018-06-08
Come join us at SpotOn, where we help some of the world's best small businesses attain success in payment processing, marketing, and loyalty & rewards programs. We're seeking a HubSpot-certified (or with demonstrable success) designer/developer to help build out our marketing efforts, with a focus on expansive content creation. We have an aggressive growth year ahead of us, and we're seeking someone who can help us get to our goals. This role is expected to bring an eye for design, along with practical web development abilities, and is a hybrid designer/developer role.
You must be HubSpot-environment proficient. If we had to gauge a percentage split between fresh-thought design vs. templated in HubSpot, it would be somewhere around 20%/80%, respectively.
There is an opportunity for this role to convert to full-time.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to support our website design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, case studies, infographics, video, and more).
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design.
- Wireframe and mockup revamped or brand new site pages and present to senior management.
- Collaborate with marketing department, senior management, and other project stakeholders.
- Create and optimize our web project management, hitting all deadlines and improving efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of quality design and development.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience as either an in-house designer or at a marketing agency. (We require work samples to apply for this position.)
- Experience designing for a content management system (CMS; HubSpot). This person must create assets for our web team that are mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly and provide a user experience that fits on all three screens.
- Certified on the HubSpot Content Optimization System (COS; designer), used to create automatically responsive web pages for mobile, tablet, and desktop. Your work must appeal to all three.
- Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices. You are a problem solver with everything you develop to improve our site’s experience and drive action.
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodology and emerging best practices in the UI community.
- You have an opinion, and can actively defend your design approach.
- You operate well within a high-production-volume environment; deadlines don't scare you. We move very fast at SpotOn, so typically do well with talent who are used to a start up model, and who can quickly adjust to chaos and roll with it.
Job Type: Contract
- HubSpot: 2 years