Head of Product MyVR
MyVR | San Francisco 2018-04-19
MyVR is a cloud-based software solution for owners and property managers in the short term rental (aka vacation rental) industry. From a centralized dashboard, MyVR customers can manage 30+ premium listing sites (including AirBnB, HomeAway, and VRBO), launch their own direct sales channels, and automate renter communications and day-to-day workflow. MyVR's open and extensible platform allows customers to integrate their in-house tools and connect to best-of-breed third-party apps while retaining control of their data in a centralized workspace. MyVR is a backed by True Ventures, Y Combinator, SV Angel, and numerous angel investors.
MyVR, a venture-funded Y Combinator (W12) startup in San Francisco is looking for a Head of Product to lead the strategic vision of our open platform and deliver new functionality to our customers through both in-house product development and third-party integrations.
As the Head of Product, you'll be the driver of our open platform that helps power the short-term rental industry. Although we are a small team, we have a broad product suite, and we are looking for someone to take the reins of product strategy and product management. You will own the roadmap, take features from conception to launch, work closely with the engineering team, prioritize based on feedback, and serve as the primary voice of the customer. You will also be charged with leading the strategic direction of our platform, keeping close tabs on the evolving needs of our customers and shifting competitive landscape.
The ideal candidate combines a strategic mindset with a strong product management background, with experience owning all aspects of the product delivery process. You are equally at home meeting with customers to collect feedback as you are driving internal projects to completion. You've demonstrated your abilities writing top-quality specifications when necessary but can balance thoroughness with the need to move quickly, be scrappy, and adhere to tight timelines. You have excellent product vision and judgment as well as a strong technical sense. Metrics form the basis for your decisions.
- Complete market intelligence study within the first 30 days, including product competitive analysis and pricing comparison, identifying MyVR areas of strengths and improvement opportunities.
- Refine product strategy and roadmap for both property manager and rent-by-owner segments within the first 60 days, to enable the tripling of ARR in each of the next two years, determining build vs partner on key features.
- Drive open platform and application marketplace strategy, identifying key third-party integrations, and driving top 5 app integrations through launch within first 6 months.
- Oversee product management team in the delivery of major new feature modules at least once per quarter initially, including Cleaners & Maintenance management, Accounting & Owner Statements, customizable contracts and online signatures, payment provider expansion, and mobile apps.
Experiences & Skills
- 5+ years working in a product role for mission-critical systems
- Demonstrated success owning product design and delivery
- Passion for talking to customers
- A keen sense for when to build versus partner
- Ability to thrive in a fun and fast-paced startup environment
Bonus points if you have
- Saas product management experience
- Experience working in the short term rental (aka vacation rental) industry
- Computer Science degree
- MBA and/or strategic consulting experience
- Understanding of content management systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.