Head of Engineering
Brightidea | San Francisco
About the Role: We are looking for a hands-on engineering leader to help take our company through the next phase of growth. You will report to the CEO and lead a development team of 12.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Assign areas of ownership, and ensure engineers have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Maintain high morale and motivate engineers to go above and beyond
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk, and performance management of all reporting staff
- Participate and lead architecture discussions and planning with Product Management and other stakeholders to deliver software that meets customer needs
- Communicate status, risks, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams and high-level management
- Manage engineering deliverables to ensure reliability and predictability
- Recruit and hire partner engineers to sustained success
- Collaborate with the product team and key company stakeholders
- Forecast budgets and build release timelines for future initiatives
What you need to succeed:
- 7+ years of professional software engineering and architecture experience
- 3+ years managing senior and principal-level individual contributors
- Experience designing, building and delivering SaaS (enterprise level)
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience working in a startup
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Stellar written/oral communication skills
- Have led a team of 10+ people
Helping large companies innovate isn’t easy, but it is vital. Vital to creating new jobs. Vital to igniting growth. Vital to ensuring a safe, healthy and prosperous future of billions around the globe.
But, Innovation at large companies is a mess. Employees have lots of ideas on how to improve a business, but with no formal process, their suggestions go unheard and they give up trying to make a difference. Corporate innovation labs are expected to support countless different activities to promote but lack the right tools for the job. Executives are seeing disruption everywhere they look and investing millions, but still have no idea where their “next big thing” will come from, or if it will come at all.
At Brightidea, we’ve built a platform that’s solving those problems. We’ve been helping corporate R&D teams be more efficient with the 1.5 Trillion dollars invested annually.
Our Team: We’re a tight-knit, entrepreneurial minded, a team of self-starters who show up every day for the same reason: to create an impact on the way the world innovates. Our aim this year at Brightidea is to make it our Best Year Ever and we plan to accomplish that through our creative, focused, ambitious, and humble approach to change the way corporate R&D teams run innovation challenges.
Anyone entering our company will have the opportunity to shape the culture and be an integral part of setting it up for long term success. Our philosophy is the best idea wins.