Full Stack Software Engineer (Rails)
Fair | Santa Monica
Who You Are:
You are an experienced backend engineer who is passionate about building clean code, fast APIs, and fully tested features. You're an autonomous worker, building the brain of the product like a regular Dr. Frankenstein, but you also know how to collaborate with a team. At Fair, you will be building features from scratch, integrating with third-party APIs, and controlling the flow of millions of dollars through our applications. You'll work with Microservices on AWS, multiple languages, and a fun and collaborative engineering team.
What You'll Do:
- Take features from idea to polished and tested code.
- Create APIs and services from scratch.
- Work with Job processing and message queues.
- Work inside and outside of Rails.
- Peer review pull requests.
What You'll Need:
- Deep proficiency in server-side software development with Ruby and/or Python.
- Proficiency in design and development of RESTful web services.
- Experience with building and operating software in the cloud (AWS preferred, or a similar cloud platform).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Experience with Linux Containers (LXC) and similar technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Expert level Ruby developer.
- Ability to write clear and concise tests just as quickly as production code.
- Experience with Grape APIs, State Machines, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, Microservices.
- js or Swift proficiency.
- To apply, please attach resume.