Full Stack Software Engineer - IoT
Splunk | San Francisco
Join a smart, tight-knit incubation and development team focused on Internet Of Things (IoT).
As a full stack developer, you will be working closely with other team members within an agile multi-functional team, to write high quality, efficient, groundbreaking front-end code which uses the latest web technologies. You will also design and build RESTful web services for the Splunk Enterprise platform that are performant, scalable and reliable.
You will also participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions and collaborate closely with product managers, architects and front-end developers.
- 1+ year of professional or open source development of RESTful web services
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply them to solve challenging problems.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and whiteboard.
- BS CS/EE or equivalent
- Implementing automated tests and code coverage in a CI/CD pipeline
- You have basic familiarity with Java and Python
- You have experience coding in a “functional programming” style.
- You have experience working on high-performance software that processes massive amounts of data in an efficient manner.
- You have experience building scalable solutions that are delivered in the cloud.
- You are a generalist, a quick learner and keep yourself abreast with computing trends.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps nurture an exceptional environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status