Full Stack Software Engineer Groupon
Groupon | San Francisco 2018-05-24
Grow As a Developer by Building Things That Matter
You became an engineer because you believed in technology’s ability to make a difference in the world. So why would you spend your days building things that don’t matter? At Groupon, we spend our days developing tools, platforms and experiences that help small businesses thrive in their local communities. We might look like an ordinary ecommerce app, but under the surface we’re using cutting edge technology to build products that regularly positively impact the lives of 48MM people and 100,000 merchants.
Of course, local merchants aren’t the only ones who will benefit from your work—you will too. Whether it's working on a top 30 mobile app, improving machine learned personalization models, launching container-based platform-as-a-serviceinfrastructure, or optimizing the site through A/B testing, you’ll be building your portfolio of achievements and becoming the software developer you want to be.
If you have ambition and drive and want to own your own road map in a company that knows how to scale, we want to talk to you.
We're looking for great technology developers to hack on a variety of products aimed at making customers’ and small business’ lives easier and happier. We work in small, self-managing, collaborative and agile teams, and team with product designers to implement stuff quickly.
- Take ownership of the technical aspects of our global technology infrastructure, ensuring that the platform is being used to it's fullest potential through designing and building applications around our customer’s needs.
- Reviewing and monitoring current engineering work, as well as previously constructed applications, to ensure the software is running as cleanly as possible.
- Use open API infrastructure to develop and launch new products for millions of customers.
- Work closely with operations and the local business to gather requirements, and turn these requirements into deliverable through building, designing and / or enhancing the technology infrastructure.
- Work directly with our internal product teams to ensure that our technology infrastructure is seamlessly and effectively integrated with our third-party software, designing and building the necessary applications to make this happen.
- Handle the data migration and run the technical consolidation of our global software platforms into one sustainable platform.
- Deep knowledge of front end facing technologies
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, Express and React.
- Working knowledge of how applications consume Restful APIs
- Track record of shipping impactful projects in an agile fashion
- Interest in working on large-scale web applications
- BS, MS, or PhD Degree in Computer Science or applicable field or relevant life experience
- Interest in understanding the “why,” and like to pull the thread to understand how things work
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.