Full Stack Engineer Intern (Summer 2018)
Rocket Software | Austin
Rocket is looking for a passionate Full Stack Engineer to help us build a next generation experience for our end-users that work with DB2 on z/OS. You will be developing the infrastructure of the UI that will touch all cross-functional teams in the DB2 tools portfolio.
Join our team and take on this unique opportunity to build an experience that can meaningfully impact and transform the way our end-users do their job.
What You'll Be Doing?
- Help implementation of a user experience focused on turning user pain points into simple and elegant solutions that are loved.
- Partner and communicate effectively with teams you work with.
- Take full ownership of your deliverable or feature from concept to launch.
- Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality product.
What You'll Bring?
- You are passionate about building software that matters.
- You believe in reimagining and redefining the world through software that is elegant and simple.
- You have an obsession about discovering and solving customer issues.
- You can work independently and drive results.
- You are open to new challenges, and willing to learn.
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects.
- You have a strong background in the latest font-end tooling (React, Angular, D3, etc.)
- You have a strong background in backend development (nodejs or Java)
- You have a strong background in API development, deployment and management.
- You have a strong background in working with relational and non-relational databases.
- You have experience in deploying and monitoring applications to production at scale.
- You love open source and are familiar with Apache Spark, Apache Kafka and Apache Edgent.
- You have experience contributing or working with open source projects.
Why Join Us?
The internship experience will provide an insider view of how a fast moving, innovative, and entrepreneurial company operates through an exciting and challenging work experience. Our interns will operate as a team to design and build, from the ground up, brand new and innovative applications related to statistical analysis, and supervised machine learning.
The “Rocketship” is also designed to give you multiple opportunities to interact with members of Rocket Software’s Executive Team, an invaluable chance to showcase your skills and start building a network of professionals for future internships or post-graduate work.
Our program includes participation in a professional development program together with other interns with a goal to develop and deliver an executive level presentation to senior members of Rocket Software’s Executive Team at the end of the summer.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Austin, Texas, United States