Full Stack Engineer
Growbot | Los Angeles
We need your help spreading appreciation to every company in the world. We’re looking for a fifth engineer to join our small team that is passionate about bringing joy to work while solving difficult problems. Whether it’s figuring out how to make Growbot smarter or scaling a system to process hundreds of thousands of messages, the challenges are fascinating and immense.
What you’ll do:
- Validate product direction and architect solutions that strike a balance between scalability and time-to-ship
- Scale our recognition infrastructure as we grow in size (right now we service 20,000 companies in over 100 countries)
- Help recruit and build out the engineering organization with us. Let’s make sure we love getting up each morning because the people we work with are incredible
- Learn more than any normal human about efficiently encouraging, capturing, and processing recognition.
- Ability to convey deeply technical issues to non-technical people
- Obsessive eye for detail
- Good balance of tenacity and practicality
- Desire to build things people truly love
- Dream for how life can be better for yourself and others
- 3+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- Aspiration to learn, grow, and adapt with us for the long haul
- Comfortable with frontend and backend
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Full health benefits
- A desk of your very own and a lot of autonomy
- Growbot is the largest message-based recognition platform empowering more frequent appreciation for collaborative teams.
- We help people celebrate achievements and find meaning in their work through deeper connections with their coworkers.
- We are based in San Francisco; founded by Jeremy Vandehey (Intuit, Verizon), Joseph Estrada (Myspace, MessageMe), and Justin Vandehey (Intuit, Gigya, Nomi).
- Our partners include great investors (General Catalyst, Inventus Capital, XSeed Capital, 500 Startups, the Slack Fund, and Marc Benioff) and platforms (Slack and Microsoft).
At Growbot we believe in the following:
- Celebrating the “above and beyond”
- Making data driven decisions
- Running tiny experiments
- Building big ideas