Full Stack Developer, Node.js / React
HomeAway | Austin
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com,
an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
This is a full-stack position, and flexibility is important. You'll have the opportunity to work on both back- and front-end code, the amount of which will change from sprint to sprint. The team works within 2-week sprint cycles, and story swarming is encouraged.
Challenges you can work on:
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable payment engines that will process billions of dollars per year
- Simplify payment setup to enhance our supplier experience
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment
- Use realtime data to understand customers’ needs before they do
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, React.js, Backbone.js, Java8, MongoDB, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Dropwizard, Linux, Kafka, NoSQL
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid command of both vanilla .js and modern frameworks
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple department
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience
- Mobile-first responsive design experience
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience
- HTML, CSS3 and Less/SASS experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Commit to ruthlessly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar, TeamCity, Jenkins, Jira
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences