Frontend Web Developer Everlaw
Everlaw | Berkeley 2018-07-12
Everlaw is a group of PhDs, engineers, lawyers, and business professionals working to introduce elegant solutions to the legal market. We're a venture-backed, 70+ person startup experiencing sustained 100% year-over-year growth and cash flow positivity with funding from top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz.
We are looking for a web developer to be the first in-house developer to join the design team at Everlaw. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to manage and drive a corporate website and the other web properties owned by Everlaw. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with designers to make the Everlaw platform component library and design patterns more consistent. Major plus if you have design chops.
You must be extremely self-motivated, have great communication skills, and love to work in a collaborative environment. You should also enjoy working with code on a daily basis and should have an understanding of graphic design principles and how to apply those principles to UX and layout strategy. In addition, you’re always looking to grow your skill set and challenge yourself to learn new things.
- Create website design, layout, user interface by using standard HTML/CSS best practices
- Continuously look for ways to improve design and offer recommendations that will make Everlaw web properties best-of-breed
- Work closely with Everlaw marketing, sales, in-house designers and external (e.g. SEO) agencies
- Make periodic updates to the corporate website
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends, make recommendations, and apply them to ongoing operations and activities
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in web development and in creating web designs
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles and how to apply those principles to UX and layout strategy
- Experience leveraging external APIs
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
- Basic skills using Hubspot or other marketing automation tools
- Attention to detail in work quality
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Maternity, paternity, and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days, plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Work in downtown Berkeley, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your own hardware and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- One of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" to work for
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack - pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design.
It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today. If you’re looking for an open, democratic