Frontend Engineer - Growth Twitch
Twitch | San Francisco 2018-07-19
Twitch’s Growth team builds features that attract, engage, and retain our global community of 100 million monthly watchers and counting. As a Frontend Engineer for the Growth team, you will work seamlessly across framework boundaries and product lines to drive every single Twitch visitor towards habitual viewership and help our creators make a living doing something that they love. Twitch is uniquely positioned to dictate the future of live entertainment experiences on the Internet. If you’re a strong engineer with a passion for building delightful, playful, and robust products to adapt to an ever-changing audience, come play with us!
We’re looking for expertise in web programming (JS frameworks, tooling, modern browser awareness) and sensibilities in UX design. Our web client is written in TypeScript using React / Redux and backed by a GraphQL API for server interactions.
- Design, build, and maintain performant, responsive and delightful experiences
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high quality code, tests, and documentation
- Actively engage in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
- 4 or more years experience engineering web products at scale
- Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in growth engineering or similar product-oriented discipline
- Experience with React.js and GraphQL
- Experience optimizing pages for organic search traffic (SEO)
- Experience writing mobile-web or native mobile clients
- Interest in extracting insights from data
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.