Frontend Developer Pocket
Pocket | San Francisco
Pocket Job Description
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to own things from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people, across many different devices and platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute daily to decisions affecting the future of Pocket and its platform.
- Work directly with designers to create implementations of new and updated designs, animations, and interactions.
What you already do:
- Experience owning the full trip from designer hand-off to live implementation.
- Have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and at least 2 years professional experience building for the web.
- Stay current with the latest/most relevant web technologies and trends
- Possess a natural eye and passion for using good design principles to deliver web experiences that delight and empower users.
To apply, send us your resume, along with:
- Web-based experiences to which you have contributed significantly.
Bonus: Links to personal projects that show you are passionate about solving problems and building great user experiences.
Pocket (Read It Later, Inc) was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.
The world's leading save-for-later service currently has more than 22 million registered users and is integrated into more than 1500 apps including Flipboard, Twitter and Zite. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows. Learn more on our blog.
To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.keywords: pocket, frontend developer, jobhired