Front-End Web Developer Williams-Sonoma
Williams-Sonoma | San Francisco 2018-06-14
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of designs and ideas to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will be a part of the creative technology team, working with designers, merchants & fellow developers, bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will also work on tool maintenance and upkeep.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Develop tools for both desktop and mobile users
- Explore, research and test new functionality and coding methods Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-direct under ambiguous and changing circumstances
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with image authoring tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.