Front-End Web Developer Cisco
Cisco | Austin, TX 2018-06-25
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a web-based application using Ember JS/HTML/CSS
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of the UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with the backend developers to understand the models and JSON Schema
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as needed
- Use the Agile methodologies for the Software Development Lifecycle
- Work with various cross-functional groups such as Product Management, other development teams, QA, System Test and Product Documentation
- Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the product
- Demonstrate attention to detail, work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
Who You'll Work With:
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Computer Science combined with 4 to 7+ yrs related experience, or MS CS combined with 3 to 4+ years of related experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT and SVN
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Blog about Firepower Device Manager (FDM) - our latest product:
Youtube video on FDM: