Front End Interactive Developer North Face
VN Corporation | Alameda 2018-05-21
The Interactive Web Developer is a new role and a vital contributor passionate about web interface design and experience using the latest front-end development practices, standards, tools and methodologies. This role will report to the Sr. Front-End Developer. The Interactive Web Developer will bridge the gap between marketing/ecommerce content editors and platform developers creating custom site experiences and supporting The North Face’s digital engagement objectives.
Working within the Digital Creative Services group, an in-house digital creative agency, the role will collaborate with designers to continue to elevate the digital experience to the standard and recognition befitting of the The North Face brand.
- Development and implementation of digital front-end objectives, working closely with designers to create engaging web pages, user experiences and unique digital brand assets.
- Deliver cross-browser, performant and responsive code building upon the Digital Platform CMS using ready-made components, custom layouts and external libraries and tools.
- Work with designers to suggest and build animations, effects and engaging interfaces and elements using native and non-native browser technologies and libraries.
- Create issue and feature tickets for improvement, platform bugs and conceptualize of components to platform development teams.
- Leverage existing components within the platform, specifically the Adobe AEM CMS, to minimize needs for development updates for digital stakeholders.
- All functions of the position should adhere to existing IT corporate policy. QAing, bug reporting and fixing.
- Partner with e-Commerce and marketing teams to improve content-to-commerce shop flow, make suggestions and provide prototypes when applicable.
- Explore, leverage and utilize modern production-ready libraries and frameworks.
- Collaboration with colleagues with varying levels of technical knowledge and skillsets.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 1 to 3 years digital creative agency experience or equally relevant digital development portfolio.
- Self-reliance and self-starting: you take personal initiative to find the answers and solution to development problems and bring to the team vetted relevant suggestions.
- Familiarity with web standards and developing designs for modern browsers.
- A strong familiarization and preference for development ops setup, prototyping and wireframing background is a plus.
- Excitement for complex, challenging digital commerce projects.
- Strong communication concerning timeline feasibility as well the limiting technology obstacles for project delivery.
- Proficiency with core Adobe industry standard design products. I.E. PS, AI.
- Demonstrable experience with browser based animations: Understanding of various methodologies and libraries utilizing native (CSS & JS) and external libraries/tools to achieve the best outcome.
- Basic understanding of web services and JS based API utilization.
- Proficiency in modern FE development Design Patterns and maintainability.