HelloSign Job Description
If you want to develop new products at scale while helping us pay down technical debt, we want to hear from you. HelloSign is creating the next generation API-focused eSignature service. We are seeking a Front-end Engineer to help us build and maintain our React/Redux and jQuery-based front-end, complete with automated tests and SCSS styling.
You can turn complex problems into simple solutions. You also have good intuition around what makes sense to build in-house versus pull in as external dependencies. You like building tools for other developers. You value transparency and collaboration and enjoy independent work in a team setting. In this position, you will also work closely with our in-house Creative and Product teams to create efficient, reusable, customer-facing modules that will comprise HelloSign and HelloFax.
- Build upon and improve an eSignature service that's already used by tens of thousands of enthusiastic users.
- Write high-performance, reusable, modular code along with automated tests.
- Introduce the team to new front-end architectural ideas and concepts.
- Collaborate closely with our in-house design team to bring their ideas to life.
- Test and fix bugs across multiple browsers.
- Identify and resolve performance issues to optimize for speed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, etc.).
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
- Ability to handle sensitive customer data
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like SASS and CSS standards like SMURF/SMACSS.
- Familiarity with responsive design with grid frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with PHP or other object-oriented language.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control system.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud services.
APPLY FOR JOB
Our team of 9 engineers is curious, driven, friendly, and collaborative. We believe in an egoless approach to development and a blameless approach to problem solving. While we work independently, we support each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, and pair programming, facilitating learning and reducing friction in our regular release schedule of every 3 weeks. In addition to working with each other, we work cross-departmentally to promote transparency and share knowledge.
HelloSign has seen tremendous growth over the past few years, primarily through word-of-mouth. We are now focusing on building the future of frictionless legal agreements. Funded by some of the top investors in the valley, including Y Combinator, Greylock, Google Ventures, and US Venture Partners, our goal is simply to be the way people sign documents everywhere.
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco by Union Square. Currently at 50 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with an eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun, and continuous improvement. We were awarded the 2015 Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle and continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.