Front End Developer Wayfair
Wayfair | Boston 2018-05-17
Through the translation of mockups into scalable and maintainable coding patterns across six primary brands and three international sites, we work closely with Design and Full-Stack Engineers to maintain the company’s visual web standards within our codebase. We build all of our features using a combination of React and SASS.
We’re looking for a talented Web Developer who knows how to balance a passion for logic and problem solving with a keen eye for design to join this growing team.
- Problem solving on the fly using various resources and debugging methods to diagnose and execute solutions independently.
- Working seamlessly with Designers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to translate designs/wireframes into frontend code.
- Working closely with other Storefront technology teams including Frontend Platforms, Performance, and Full-Stack (PHP) to create next generation site features.
- Understanding and employing engineering and optimization best practices with regard to frontend web standards, code maintainability, page rendering, and browser performance.
An ideal candidate has:
- 1-3+ years of CSS, HTML, and JS development experience
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Skilled with CSS and HTML, including the ability to code from scratch without a framework, and a focus on code re-usability, performance, and faithfulness to design
Nice to haves:
- Github account
- Involved in meet-ups and conferences
- Experience with/knowledge of frontend coding considerations for Mobile/Tablet devices, including responsive/adaptive design
- Experience with React in particular
- PHP or other server-side language exposure
- Source Control exposure
- Experience working on large, complex, enterprise level sites, ideally with multiple “skins” for the same markup
- A Creative/Design background with an instinct for UI/UX
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.