Front End Developer Overstock.com
Overstock.com | Seattle 2018-07-11
At Overstock.com, we understand the best ideas are born through collaboration and that diversity fuels creativity, innovation, and solutions. As we strive to better understand our customers worldwide, we are committed to expanding our workforce to include smart, talented people with a wide range of ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives. At Overstock you are not just another number but part of a thriving, growing team- with the resources of a large company and the autonomy and opportunity of a start-up.
- Work with different development and QA teams to code HTML/CSS mockups, test, and verify projects through development process.
- Oversee site optimization for SEO, cleaner and concise code, and code weight.
- A ct as Liaison between creative department and NOC and IT. May have to work off-hours when issues come up.
- Update internal documentation when new tools are available for designers to use and distribute the information to web designers and their managers.
- Create reusable HTML and CSS modules.
- Consuming backend services to display content & data via handlebars/AngularJS templates and processes.
- Contribute to front end build process using Grunt.js.
- Oversee deployment of production code
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- 4-6 years of professional website coding experience
- Must have a passion for clean semantic markup, with an attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding UI Design, Usability, and Accessibility.
- Must be great at CSS, with full understanding of specificity and cascade.
- Must know how to whip IE8 into submission and tame any other browser inconsistencies that pop up.
- Must be able to work fast and under pressure to create pages, wireframes, and fix bugs.
- Must be passionate about web standards and front end development.
- Want to have fun and has a passion for building new features with front end technologies.
- Knowledge and skill in front end MVC frameworks such as AngularJS, React, and Backbone JS are a major plus.
- B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field experience