Front End Developer, Marketing Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer | San Francisco 2018-07-12
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Are you interested in building beautiful products used by millions of people? Do you like shipping code at a rapid pace? Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced Front End Engineer with a strong preference for good design for our marketing group that is passionate about building mobile and desktop landing pages, user experience tests, and marketing campaign optimization on an ongoing basis.
A Day in the Life
- Work with channel marketers, project manager, marketing designers, SEO analysts, and the content team to implement the next generation of Rocket Lawyer marketing materials on the web and mobile
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Attend team scrums, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Participate in design and code reviewsInteract with other team members to incorporate their innovations, and bring your own ideas to the creative process
- Communicate with the wider engineering community on development best practices
- Operate like you are in a small, fast‐paced startup
- 4+ years experience as a Front End Developer for a high traffic, customer-facing website
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Expert knowledge of Tomcat, Maven, build and deployment processes
- Experience building complex, multi-page A/B and multivariate tests using Optimizely, Test & Target or similar tools
- Expert developing lightweight, responsive interfaces for web and mobile across all browsers
- Experience with Google tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Webmaster Tools/Google Search Console
- Experience using source control services such as GitWordPress experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is a plus
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Passion for delivering pixel-perfect user experience and work closely with designers
- Ability to work with other developers’ code
- Must be proactive, self-sufficient, thorough, organized, and have excellent time-management skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to collaborate with other developers, PMs and designers.
- Excellent communication skills is a must.
- Deliver projects on time, hitting marketing and company-wide deadlines.
- Knowledge of web architecture and the HTTP protocol
- Experience with MVC development
- Knowledge of caching strategies
- Designer turned front end engineer
Benefits & Perks
- Fully paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO; take time when you need it and come back refreshed
- Competitive salary packages
- Commuter/Transit Program
- 401k program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of a Mac or PC
- Monthly onsite masseuse sessions
- “Red Friday” catered lunches
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site