Entry level Software Engineer CIA $67,968 - $148,967
Central Intelligence Agency | Washington DC 2018-08-20
The CIA has ongoing requirements for entry-level and experienced Computer Scientists, Software Engineers and Web Designers and Publishers to serve as Apps Developers. Working in one of several offices that directly support analysis, intelligence collection and other business areas, Apps Developers analyze, develop and deploy innovative information/software systems and capabilities to enhance the CIA's capabilities to collect, produce and disseminate intelligence.
Apps Developers directly participate in team environments via structured development lifecycles; analyze and define local and/or enterprise information system requirements; perform system/application design; develop capability prototypes; develop and implement operational information systems; conduct unit and integration testing of application modules. These positions also offer opportunities for hands-on research and exploration of leading-edge commercial technologies through application/integration of technology in delivering IT solutions.
Offices of the CIA - Directorate of Digital Innovation
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is at the forefront of defining the future of digital expertise within the CIA. DDI focuses on developing the workforce with cutting-edge skills, investing in IT infrastructure, and modernizing the way the Agency does business. DDI officers help accelerate the integration of innovative methods and tools to enhance the CIA's cyber and digital capabilities on a global scale and ultimately help safeguard our nation. Learn more about the Directorate of Digital Innovation
Life at CIA:
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We're on the forefront of world-altering events - as they happen. So working here isn't just a job, it's a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is essential:
- Big Data concepts and technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Solr, Cloudera, MapReduce, R, Spark, Kafka, NiFi and the ELK(ElasticSearch, Logstash,Kibana) stack
- DevOps concepts and tools such as GitHub, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, ELK stack, Nexus, Nagios
- Database platforms such as Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Mongo DB,HDFS
- Application Architecture and Systems Engineering principles to include N-Tier/Services Oriented Architecture, Application Design patterns, Agile Development with Scrum, Kanban, Application Security, developing system requirements, system design artifacts and models, design documentation and development using Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with multiple hosting platforms such as Windows, Linux, VMware, Citrix, Amazon cloud computing platforms
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.