Entry Level Software Developer ON Semiconductor
ON Semiconductor | Gresham, OR 2018-10-22
ON Semiconductor is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join its Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) team in Gresham, Oregon. As a CIM Engineer, you will have the opportunity to participate as a team member in the analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation of new systems, enhancements to existing systems, and production support for systems with varying complexity. This role involves working closely with business partners and other IT team members to provide innovative solutions to the unique requirements of semiconductor manufacturing.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical support for CIM production related system issues and escalate as needed.
- Debug and fix defects in applications running on Windows, Linux, and web platforms.
- Demonstrate effective analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Monitor application stability, performance, and availability. Promptly resolve issues impacting operations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with various cross-functional teams of peers, customers, and vendors.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in the design and specification process, encouraging high-level software design and coding standards.
- Create documentation to capture detailed analysis and design proposals to satisfy current and future business requirements.
- Work with department engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of overall product.
- Provide appropriate project feedback to management in a timely and appropriate format.
- Demonstrate ability to independently and effectively organize, manage, and complete multiple assignments with challenging timelines.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Familiarity with various programming languages and environments such as the Microsoft .NET framework or Java frameworks. Optional experience with PHP, C, Visual Basic and Perl.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- Familiarity with Windows, Unix and/or Linux operating systems.
- Applied math or statistics background preferred.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit http://www.onsemi.com.
Primary Location: US-OR-Gresham
Work Locations: USOR01 GRESHAM FAB USS 23400 NE Glisan St Gresham 97030-8411
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 3:14:28 PM