Entry level Software Developer Nokia
Nokia | San Jose 2018-08-20
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Job Position Summary Description:
This Foundation Platform Developer position will provide an excellent opportunity to work in a small tightly-knit team of architects and developers on cutting-edge software that provides the foundation for Digital Operations Automation. The job combines the skills of a software architect, designer, and developer across the Cloud and Network Function Virtualization disciplines. The software platforms developed by this team are used in solutions that allow service providers to deliver complex cloud-based network services.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
The Foundation Platform Developer will be expected to
- Design and implement/test solutions to integrate standard API front end interfaces with pluggable resource components that conform to a standard data model.
- Analyze documented APIs and other interfaces to external systems and determine the most efficient solution for integrating them into the platform
- Analyze requirements for specific scenarios and design/implement/test appropriate solutions
- Design and implement/test standardized, re-usable plug-in interfaces that allow external systems to be integrated into a core platform
- Program in Python using test-driven development practices
- Work in a small team where daily interactions are needed to rapidly prototype candidate ideas.
- Understand the underlying cloud-management and cloud-node architecture that is being developed.
- Work on projects under time-limited conditions, and be willing to iterate through several different implementations before the final one is chosen.
Location: San Jose, CA
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- Agile development skills and experience
- Extensive experience with and a solid understanding of Python Object Oriented DevelopmentExtensive experience in Python test-driven/behavior-driven development techniques including pytest, behave, nose2/tox, etc
- Experience with Swagger/OpenAPI, REST APIs, NoSQL databases, and high-performance messaging technologies such as Redis and RabbitMQ
- Experience in the use of the Linux command line
- Experience with a modern CMS system (e.g. Git, Gitlab)
- Must be self-motivated and have a passion for creating solutions within a fast-moving team
- Must be able to both architect solutions as well as implement within an existing architecture
- Must be able to analyze use case requirements, existing data models, and relationships, and use Machine Learning techniques to derive additional information and associations from the data.
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Experience with Machine Learning and Data Analysis, preferably in Python
- OpenStack development experience, preferably as a contributor to one or more projects
- Experience using Jython to integrate Python and Java libraries
- Knowledge of C++ or Java programming (this is NOT a Java position)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.