Entry Level Software Developer L. L. Bean
L. L. Bean | Freeport, ME 2018-07-24
Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L. Bean) founded his business on a passion for the outdoors, a profound belief in honesty, and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Those core values, coupled with a genuine excitement for the work we do, are why L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for over 100 years!
L. L.Bean is recruiting for an Entry Level Software Developer to join our Information Services team based in Freeport Maine. This position demonstrates proficiency and skill in the building, testing and support of complex software programs.
- Devises or modifies systems to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, implements and documents applications and systems as assigned.
- Participates in code walk-throughs and reviews of solutions.
- Follows security standards in support of PCI compliance.
- Designs & builds solution taking performance into consideration.
- Employs shop standards within the context of job responsibilities.
- Responsible for 24x7 research and resolution of production system problems.
- Coordinates production problem resolution for assigned applications, including working with other technical teams.
- Applies formal methodologies when designing solutions.
- Develops and executes IS testing plans for developed and purchased software. Documents results.
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Team Skills: Flexibility, Collaboration, negotiation, facilitation, communication, presentation and group dynamics, and solid English language skills and comprehension
- Technical skills: Problem solving skills, Development skills, Systems Analysis and Design, Program Analysis and Design, experience using design patterns
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- MS Desktop tools.
- Methodologies: Iterative Development (Agile), Waterfall.
- Testing: Unit, Integration, System, Performance
- IDE: RAD, Eclipse
- Source Code Control and Issue Tracking.
- System Integration Skills: Installation, deployment, customization and integration.
Education Level: BA/BS or equivalent
Experience Level: 1 to 3 years
L.L.Bean offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and a significant (25-40%) discount. For more details, please visit our website at llbeancareers.com and refer to the “benefits” section.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life. When L.L. launched his company, he believed so strongly in the Golden Rule that he made it the foundation of his business.
Following are some of the unique benefits we offer our employees:
- An excellent total compensation package
- Enhanced 401k retirement package
- Health care, including domestic partner and family coverage, across medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Life insurance, including domestic partner and dependent coverage
- Outdoor experience days in addition to Paid Time Off which includes vacation, holiday and personal time
- Discounts on L.L.Bean merchandise and Outdoor Discovery School adventures
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Employee Store
- Equipment loan program from the Employee Use Room
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to L.L.Bean cabins and tent sites at Rangeley Lake for personal use