Entry Level Java Developer I Forward Air Jobs
Forward Air Inc. | Irving, TX 2018-10-07
Forward Air Inc. is a publicly traded (NASDQ: FWRD) and highly respected transportation and logistics Company with revenues of approximately $1B annually. We are a growth-oriented company that has doubled in size over the past 5 years. We have an aggressive growth strategy and need great talent to help us achieve our goals. As an industry leader - we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Please Note: US Citizenship or Permanent residency is required
Position: Java I (Entry Level) Developer
Forward Air is seeking a Java Developers working with a team of developers in supporting and enhancing Forward Air’s portfolio of software systems. Participate in full SDLC process to solve business needs.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Enhance and support Forward Air’s java and web systems.
- Analyze and resolve software bug tickets. Resolve data issues with sql scripts.
- Participate in full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, testing, monitoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in building and supporting software system.
- All applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS system (like Oracle, DB2 etc.).
- Proficiency in development tools: Java IDE (Eclipse or other), Git.
- Experience with Spring, Apache and other open source java libraries.
- Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic.
- Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, stock ownership plans, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, vision care plan, paid sick time, paid company holidays, and paid vacations.
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.