Engineering Internship Vectra Networks
Vectra Networks | San Jose 2018-04-25
Vectra Networks delivers a new class of advanced threat defense that delivers real-time detection and analysis of active network intrusions. Vectra technology picks up where perimeter security leaves off by providing deep, continuous analysis of both internal and Internet-facing network traffic to automatically detect all phases of a breach as attackers attempt to spy, spread, and steal within your network.
Vectra directly analyzes network traffic in real time using a patent-pending combination of data science, machine learning, and behavioral analysis to detect attacker behaviors and user anomalies in the network. All detections are correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context, and Vectra Networks' machine learning adapts as attacks evolve.
We're focused on building world class products and a world class team. You will have full exposure to entire product. As part of the Engineering Internship team, you will directly impact the product by developing services to solve complex problems. The ideal candidate is a team player who wants to help us change the world. You will be working on product features as part of a team.
- Develop with a high standard for code and architecture
- Break down large problems and tackle ambitious goals with the team
- Interface with other product groups including UX, Security Research and Data Science to help customers simplify security
- Excellent collaboration skills are required due to the cross functional communication necessary to help build the product
- Build software with automated tests in a modern CI toolchain
- Deliver a project that will be used in our product
- Proficient verbal and written fluency in English is required.
- Comfortable with modern cloud devops practices
- Experience with a source control system, preferably GIT.
- Unix/Linux kernel proficiency
- Appetite for learning.