Director of Product Management Recurly
Recurly | San Francisco 2018-06-18
San Francisco, California
Recurly is a well established technology driven SaaS based company in the recurring billing space. We have a start-up company culture but have been in business for over 8 years and are continuing to make heads turn in the industry due to our technological advancement and innovative solutions.
As the Director of Product, you’ll be managing a team of incredibly talented and collaborative product managers to further our product offering and to continue to establish Recurly’s dominance in the subscription billing platform market. This highly visible role reports directly to the VP of Product. We are looking for a seasoned individual who can help grow the team, set the overall vision and strategy for the product, and lead cross-functional initiatives.
Build and manage a strong team of Product Managers, including career planning, performance management, and exceptional coaching.
- Working with the product team and other stakeholders within the company, sets the overall vision and strategy for Recurly’s product.
- Partner with leadership team to get organizational buy in on the plans for product execution.
- Define and assess metrics to measure the results of the whole Product and Engineering team, and guide each product team in defining key results and metrics at the team and individual levels.
- Coach and assist product teams as needed to help them execute their plans and deliver on their key results.
- Evangelize product vision, strategy, and roadmap with internal and external stakeholders; be the face of Recurly in key customer interactions.
- Represent product team in high-stakes customer, prospect, and partner conversations.
- Identify bottlenecks and process improvement opportunities to further strengthen organizational efficiency.
- 7+ years of relevant working experience, with at least 2 years at the director level.
- Deep understand of SaaS business and proven success in B2B product initiatives and leadership.
- Exceptional leadership quality and experience building and leading high performing product teams.
- Detailed oriented and able to make tough decisions with limited data.
- Strong internal and external facing written and verbal communication skills. Able to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key customers and partners.
- Team oriented and able to collaborate with other stakeholders within the company to take an idea from conception to launch.
- BA/BS in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field.
- Background in fintech, analytics, payments, and/or subscription businesses preferred.
- We work collaboratively and enjoy working as a team. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are needed.
- Agile development environment. Things change and we are good with that; you should be too.
- We are pragmatic, opinionated, considerate, and positive.
- Customer comes first; their experience drives us.
- Commitment to completion. Ship it