@Atlassian | San Francisco
Do you want to help build the future of incident management at a company built by developers for developers? Are you a creative and talented developer who works hard to ship code early and often? Does working on a project that holds the source of truth about status for most major Internet companies float-your-boat?
If so, come join us at Atlassian and work on the StatusPage team! You will be working in a dynamic SaaS environment where every line of code you write will be appreciated by major Internet players and the end-users that rely on them. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, scaling and optimizing the code that powers StatusPage. The company and our products are scaling rapidly and this is the team with the largest open runway.
Once onboard you'll take features from concept through to launch. You will play in integral role in designing and developing new features and frameworks for StatusPage that will help the Internet stay honest around uptime. You'll work to optimize our platform so that it's able to send hundreds of thousands of emails/SMS/webhooks in under a minute. You will leverage state of the art tools and technologies and incorporate writing specialized custom tools, when necessary, to get your job done. You are steadfast, and will tackle the hardest problems facing the team, including memory and other resource allocation problems, lock contention in multi-processing and multi-threading systems, data consistency, race conditions and performance issues. You're a builder at heart and, ultimately, you will help define what it means to provide status updates for the Internet.More about you
On your first day, we expect you to have the following:
- Programming experience (Ruby on Rails is preferred, not required)
- Experience with front end technologies such as CSS/HTML, React and SCSS
- Experience with schema-based data storage (Postgres, SQL)
- Experience in AWS EC2, ELB, ElastiCache, RDS and more
- Breaking down problems into executable chunks and coordinating multiple engineers to deliver a solution
- With distributed version control internals (Git, Mercurial)
- Using Agile development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- We're a small, close nit, team that runs as a startup within Atlassian
- We've recently rolled out Varnish in front of our stack and indexed all of our data with ElasticSearch, the next nine months we'll be focusing on innovative public status pages features
- One of our core values before joining Atlassian was "Choose Humility", the team does a great job of living that value
- When we're firing on all cylinders we're shipping code 3 times a day, iterating on what we're building between product and dev daily and all our builds are green
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and bubbly), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k matching and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.