Developer Programs Engineer (Gaming) Google DPE
Google | San Francisco 2018-04-08
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Passionate people are everywhere at Google. In Developer Relations, we are excited to collaborate and connect with the communities that love technology as much as we do. Part community manager and part developer advocate, Developer Programs Engineers collaborate with developers at conferences and online, and advocate for developers interests internally at Google. Not afraid to be hands-on, you write sample code and client libraries as well as participate in developer forums and support queues to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter. Internally, you work with product engineering teams to improve our products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs, and testing new features. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5, and our core G Suite and Ads APIs are just some of the platforms you promote and support.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work on game-related APIs and samples for Android platforms.
- Manage and participate in developer discussion forums, and work to address issues raised in these forums.
- Participate in building strong developer communities, publishing blog posts/guides and promoting our APIs.
- Advocate for developers internally, and influence Google developer product strategy by working with Product Management, Engineering, PR, Marketing, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to and manage open source projects. Assist third-party developers in troubleshooting their integrations with Google APIs and use of other Google developer products online (e.g., through GitHub or Stack Overflow).
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in software engineering and coding in C++.
- 10 years of experience in game development with two or more shipped titles.
- Experience creating 3D games for a variety of platforms/products including (but not limited to): gaming consoles, Middleware, Unreal Engine, Unity3D, etc.
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 15 years of relevant work experience in development of game, graphics, and audio technology
- Experience designing API's and developing on Android/iOS platforms
- Experience with one of the following languages: Java, C#, Objective-C.
- Experience as a contributor to an open source project in communities like GitHub and/or Stack Overflow as well as working directly with third-party developers.