Data Scientist - (Summer Internship) Ticketfly
Ticketfly | San Francisco
Ticketfly is seeking an Data Scientist intern to join the Data Science team. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with Sr Data scientist and develop solutions that will reimagine live events for everyone. As an intern you will play a unique role in driving the future of the next generation ticketing experience.
- Use data mining and machine learning to design and develop recommendation engines and other data products which drive user engagement, retention and monetization.
- Design and implement scalable algorithms and models.
- Develop and code software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets in order to gain actionable insights.
- Collaborate effectively with engineers, data scientists, product managers and other internal customers.
- Communicate effectively to different audiences, both technical and non-technical, through good storytelling and data visualization
- Been studying towards a degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Knowledge of applied math and statistics techniques such as supervised and unsupervised learning
- Experience in programming with Python and Java
- Experience querying relational databases (SQL) and independently working with and exploring data.
- A passion for making an impact and building consumer products that make a difference to the lives of customers
- A focus on learning