Data Scientist Pocket Gems
Pocket Gems | San Francisco 2018-05-03
Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll work with product managers to set the analytics agenda for our Core Studio. You’ll carry out research and development projects aimed at optimizing user retention and monetization. Along the way, you'll develop a deep understanding of mobile gaming and will work with our high-producing and fast-paced team. Your work will have a significant, lasting impact on the profitability of our games. You'll have a great deal of independence ‒ we'll expect you to use it wisely.
What You’ll Do:
- Set the agenda and drive analytics initiatives for our Core Studio
- Design and execute research programs to optimize user retention and monetization
- Deliver results and recommendations to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Collaborate with other data analysts, data scientists and engineers on the analytics team
What You’ll Bring to the Analytics Team:
- Minimum of five years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as math, physics, or economics
- Solid understanding of statistics is mandatory
- Proficiency in SQL and either R or Python
- The ability and desire to present complex results to non-technical audiences
- Ambition to own the reporting and analysis functions for a large game studio
Extra Gems for:
- Master’s Degree or PhD
- Experience developing and deploying production code
- Leadership and/or consulting experience
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.