Data Science Intern Techshed
Techshed | Foster City
Techshed Job Description
Hybrid (noun) hy•brid \ˈhī-brəd\
Something that is formed by combining two or more things.
We believe that fewer words define Techshed more accurately than hybrid. A start-up environment powered by the stability of The Home Depot has helped us create a company populated by a team of talented players who work endlessly to solve real problems for real people, every single day. Our cutting-edge products are the result of lofty goals, deep research, healthy debates, boundless innovation, and most importantly, cross-functional collaboration. Everything we create, we create as a team.
In fact, our team is our company; they bring passion to everything they do. They’re friendly, outgoing, focused, and are some of the best and brightest that Silicon Valley has to offer. So come join the Techshed team and see what it’s like to create real products that actually improve our customers’ lives.
- Shuttle Options
- Paid Clipper Pass
- Toll Reimbursement
- Bicycle Friendly
- Free Lunch
Techshed, a Home Depot company, creates and develops interactive, user-friendly products that help improve how homeowners find and connect with qualified home service professionals in their neighborhood. Our product offerings currently include Pro Referral, Service Connect, as well as The Home Depot’s Home Services.
About the Job:
- Analyze and identify underlying drivers of product performance, user experience, and user satisfaction for use in strategic decision-making
- Design and develop reporting and analysis for multiple teams utilizing database and data manipulation skills
- Manage programs to resolve common issues users encounter while using software, products or services of The Home Depot
- Comfortable with data analysis, forecasting, ROI modeling; experience establishing end to end success metrics/KPIs for projects
- Ability to work and drive results on a broad range of activities from strategy and planning to tactical execution
- A customer first approach to all projects, small or large
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Advanced SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets DW programming plus
- Ability to translate business questions to technical analysis to drive marketing strategies
- Working knowledge of basic statistics; experience with R, SAS or similar a plus
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate actionable results and recommendations
- Support business stakeholders with high quality analyses and actionable recommendations by combining and manipulating data from multiple sources.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects