Data Analytics (Entry Level) PayPal Careers
PayPal | San Jose 2018-11-25
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
- DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
- DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
- NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
This opportunity focuses on driving PayPal’s success by providing quantitative insights and serving as business advisors to the organization.
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. You will be most successful with a healthy combination of both technical skill and business acumen. As members of the Global Analytics and Insights team, we add significant value by consistently providing clarity and insights on PayPal’s most critical initiatives and priorities.
Qualifications, Skills and Behaviors:
- Graduating with either an undergrad or graduate technical/quantitative degree from a top-tier institution. Degrees in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics are a big plus.
- Experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers.
- Significant experience with SQL or other software engineering languages (Python, C++, Java).
- Familiarity with web analytics (Google Analytics, Site Catalyst), statistical packages (SAS, R), and visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau).
- Passionate about problem solving.
- Ability to translate business questions into structured analysis and data analytics into business insights.
- Strategic thinking and mental flexibility to be able to understand both the details of the problem, as well as, the big picture/business solution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and highly results-oriented.
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing is a big plus.
- Enjoys having fun and truly wants to make real impact in their work.
Primarily Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of PayPal Products.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making.
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development.
- Analyze complex system behavior from multiple sources, performance, and application monitoring data. Deliver insights into signup & payment conversion and landing page performance by geography and product segment.
- Analyze channel performance, design and execute experiments, research, financial models and other mechanisms to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities.
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives.
- Perform highly analytical deep-dives to identify root cause and mitigation opportunities or specific actions to add value.
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.