Business Intelligence Analyst Skillz
Skillz | San Francisco 2018-06-27
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
What We’re Looking For:
Are you driven to curate data that is impeccable, documented, and ready for analysis? Do you think like an engineer and design for extensibility, maintainability, and efficiency?
Business Intelligence is unique at Skillz. Our Marketing team doesn’t simply build reports on demand. Rather, we build a semantic infrastructure that allows others to leverage data. Specifically, we focus on data modeling, data standardization, master data management, and self-service reporting.
The Marketing team is looking for a talented Business Intelligence Manager to drive our efforts. We’re looking for someone who can build a long-term vision for Business Intelligence at Skillz, dive into the details of SQL and data modeling, and manage the other analysts on our Marketing team.
- Own all company performance reporting
- Lead data modeling, data standardization, data visualization and other Business Intelligence efforts
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of analysts
- Support both technical and non-technical downstream users both inside and outside of Skillz
- Leverage experience in reporting, dashboarding, and data modeling to build a long-term vision for Business Intelligence at Skillz
- Manage projects, including discussing needs with stakeholders, prioritizing, and driving forward on key initiatives
- Experience (2-5 years in business intelligence, data warehousing, and data modeling)
- Programming ability (ability to write and performance tune complex SQL queries, ability to maintain company-wide data models)
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with R and Python are a plus
- Problem solving ability (creativity, technical rigor)
- Leadership ability (integrity, ability to inspire, empathy, humility, communication skills)
- Excellence in ambiguous and complex situations (clarity of vision, boldness)
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.