Bay State Computers | Boston
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website , connect with us on LinkedIn , or follow us on Twitter .
We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer to join our team. The objective is to present a working prototype of an updated design that is fresh, but preserves current user functionality and content. A significant goal of the Secretary’s office is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to ensure that all of our websites are accessible by all people. The successful candidate will use modern tools, technologies, and design processes to achieve the desired result.
- Plan a site design by clarifying stakeholder goals
- Identify and evaluate improvement options; introducing new technologies
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to communicate
interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Achieve a cohesive site appearance by developing content standards
- Execute all visual design stages from concept through final hand ‐ off to development staff
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with executive sponsors; designing images,
icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Provide information to stakeholders by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
The web designer we are searching for offers a strong portfolio that reflects outstanding visual design skills. This individual must be able to present case studies or examples of how he or she approached a problem and provided a solution. The designer must provide solid proof of capabilities in these areas:
- Experience as a professional website designer with strong skills in website project planning and
- Enthusiastic and demonstrates an excellent level of verbal, written, and client ‐ facing
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Modern visual design skills with sensitivity to user ‐ system interaction
- Create paper prototypes to facilitate creativity and build consensus among team members
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
Well ‐ versed in the core principles of website development, including Responsive Web Design,
Word Press (templates and customized), and content management systems
- Familiar with the concept of branding
- Code ‐ level technical knowledge
- Ability to create customer ‐ centered design to reach a broad range of visitors
- Practiced in the fundamentals of web usability
- Experienced user of the Adobe Design Suite, proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other
visual design tools
- Strong understanding of browser capabilities and Internet presence
- Up ‐ to ‐ date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements
- Understands the role of social media and mobile web components
- Candidates must have all required skills/experience to be considered.
- Candidates must be US Citizen.
Education: BS/MS in Human ‐ Computer Interaction, the arts, or Interaction Design preferred
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Boston, MA
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.