Backend Software Engineer Boosted
Mountain ViewAPPLY FOR JOB
Boosted Job Description
Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream of sustainable, hassle-free transportation to enhance your freedom to discover your city and revitalize your commute. We are filled with people passionate about robots, urban transportation, and outdoor recreation. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
Fast, fun, simple electric vehicles are our focus and our passion. We make the world’s most advanced electric longboard. With six models to fit the most extreme action sports enthusiast to the casual commuter, the Boosted board is a powerful and reliable paradigm shift in transportation and recreation.
We are seeking an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our engineering team and lead the development of solutions to support both internal and external systems. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses a strong backend development background, and has the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
What you'll do
- Design and implement backend database infrastructure to support external APIs and internal tools
- Integrate with Shop Floor Control systems at our manufacturers to support production tracking of individual units
- Build backend tools and web interfaces for internal use by production, customer service, engineering, and marketing
- Develop API interfaces for use by mobile apps and other tools
- Work with mobile and firmware teams to support over-the-air firmware updates of existing products
- Take ownership of projects from initial design to deployment and continued support
- Work in a highly dynamic environment, interacting with mechanical, industrial, electrical and firmware engineers, along with folks in operations and manufacturing
What you have
- 5+ years designing and delivering scalable, high-quality backends following industry standards and best practices
- Experience with postgresql (or other relational databases) and a strong understanding of good schema design
- Experience provisioning servers and deploying backends; experience with cloud services such as AWS a plus
- Excellent general programming skills and understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Highly proficient with python and django
- Strong problem-solving skills in all areas of web development including the debugging of web backend code
Examples of challenges you'll come across
- Setting up a shop floor control system that programs and tracks the serialized components of our skateboards
- Syncing databases across the great firewall (of China)
- Working with teams across Boosted that produce and need access to specific data
- Data collection from skateboards in customer’s hands
APPLY FOR JOB
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch everyday
- Snacks/drinks available throughout the day
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Generous time off policy
- Team outings and ongoing events