Koding Job Description
Launched in 2012, Koding, a fast-growing startup (with over a million users), is seeking a Backend Engineer. In this role, you will be implementing available, resilient and highly performant services used by millions of people. You will be working very closely with your team, while writing amazing code. If you’re a smart, motivated developer with 1 – 3 years of proven, hands-on experience with the back-end of large-scale web applications, you might just be the key person we're looking for. This role is as technically demanding as it gets; if you're interested in tackling a real challenge, this is the job for you.
- Join a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team.
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that supporting fundamental capabilities within Koding.
- Write high quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced startup environment with tight schedules.
- You are a Go developer and use it regularly. You know and apply best practices in Go.
- 1–3 years of proven, hands-on success in the back-end of large-scale web applications development
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- You're comfortable with traditional & cache databases. Specifically Postgres, Mongo, Redis.
- Strong understanding of functional & object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Ability to learn quickly and display solid logic/engineering thinking
- You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development.
- You are able to design and develop a quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible.
Bonus Points for
- Proficiency with RabbitMQ
- Proficiency with CoffeeScript.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Sound understanding of CI/CD build and deployment toolchains.
- Contributions to open source projects
APPLY FOR JOB
Koding is a developer-focused startup based in San Francisco’s SOMA district. Our core product is: “Development Environments as a Service”. We offer feature rich cloud-based development environments that are complete with free VMs, an attractive code editor & sudo level terminal… all in a browser.
Koding provides all you need to move your software development completely to the cloud. You will be up and running in minutes on your own cloud-based Linux boxes where you can learn programming languages like Ruby, Go, Java, NodeJS, PHP, C, C++, Perl, Python…the list goes on! You can experiment with installing/configuring/hacking Wordpress, Laravel, Django, Bootstrap and a slew of others or fire up a MySQL, Mongo, Postgres server with the click of a button. Our collaboration features allow you to pair-program with your friends and colleagues using audio-video and real time sharing of the entire development workspace. Leave your localhost behind and step into the future!