Associate Software Engineer (remote) BetterUp
BetterUp | Remote 2018-07-20
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Capital One, Deloitte, and Logitech.
We’re looking for an Associate Engineer to join our team as we build and deploy consumer-focused applications which provide personalized coaching to help our users master the skills that improve personal excellence and professional performance. The majority of our engineering team distributed across the country and our collaborative approach to product development helps us establish a highly connected and high performing environment.
On a day to day basis you will:
- You will work with BetterUp’s operations and engineering teams to investigate, document, and resolve issues in our web and mobile products
- You will work to optimize and automate our QA and support operations by developing scripts, tests, and tooling for internal usage
- You will thrive in a unique and nimble development process that iterates on projects quickly and validates their impact using qualitative and quantitative feedback from end users.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with multiple programming languages, frameworks and type systems
- Ruby on rails experience preferred
- Competence with SQL, database administration, and data analytics tools
- Experience with automated end-to-end UI testing frameworks
- Practical experience integrating with remote services (REST, JSON, HTTP)
- Solid understanding of development life cycle, Git workflows, and automation (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.