Associate Product Manager Uber
Uber | San Francisco 2018-08-09
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As an Associate Product Manager, you will join three teams over the course of 18 months (three six-month rotations) across all of Uber, including but not limited to Rider, Driver, Eats, Bikes, Self-Driving Vehicles, Freight, Aviation, and Platforms. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, bold innovation, a high design bar, and a mentality of starting with our users and working backwards.
What You’ll Do
- Distill vision and strategy for all members of the cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Challenge all members of cross-functional teams (engineering, design, data science, operations, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap), and the design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals
- Collect data to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, customer behavior, or other business metrics
- Monitor and measure launched products to feed learnings back into the product development process
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results to a spectrum of audiences, including internal stakeholders, all Uber employees, and riders/driver-partners
What You’ll Need
- Current student graduating in 2019 or a recent graduate within 1 year of graduation
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- Design sensibility and customer obsession
- Strong data-driven prioritization skills
- Strong communication and partnership skills
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- Available for employment in August 2019
Bonus Points If
- Product management or entrepreneurial experience
About the Team