Associate Product Manager - Residential Energy Tesla Jobs
Tesla | Fremont 2018-09-23
Associate Product Manager Jobs Product Manager Jobs Tesla Jobs
The Associate Product Manager will be part of the Product Management & Applications Engineering team responsible for market success of Tesla residential energy products including traditional solar PV, Solar Roof, and Powerwall home battery. This customer-focused role will perform strategic market analysis as well as use customer insight to help guide product strategy and marketing collateral.
This person will work with our global sales and marketing teams to collect and organize customer feedback. This person will also conduct market analysis including analyzing electricity rate tariffs and incentives to quantify the customer value of new features and our next generation of energy products. This market analysis may also include investigating the technological fit with existing home electrical systems and utility regulations.
Using gathered insights this person will help write and direct the creation of market facing collateral to educate and excite customers about our products. The Associate Product Manager role will help identify gaps in customer education and prioritize content needed. This requires a solid technical foundation to understand technical capabilities and limitations of solar and battery technology. It also requires the ability to distill technical information to clear and accurate market messages.
This is multi-faceted role where flexibility to apply your skills to a variety of projects is a must. This role in particular requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Members of our team display a rock-solid work ethic, team oriented personality, creativity, passion, and a desire to lead the adoption of sustainable energy at scale.
- Perform technical market analysis of electricity rates, incentives, regulations, and technological fit for residential energy products
- Collect and organize global sales feedback to help guide product marketing strategy
- Synthesize customer needs to guide new features and our next generation energy products
- Identify gaps in customer education of our energy products and prioritize solutions
- Author content to be used by various teams to communicate technical product capabilities
- Ensure that various sales channels are equipped with product knowledge for success
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical discipline - MBA is a plus
- Experience in marketing, technical sales, or similar customer facing role
- Familiarity with solar, energy storage, or other distributed energy technologies
- Financial and/or energy modeling experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Graphics, publishing, or drafting experience a plus
- Familiarity with roofing or construction a plus