Associate Product Manager Oath Inc
Oath Inc | Sunnyvale CA 2018-12-03
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
A little about the APM Program:
We’re looking for aspiring product managers—emerging talent with a passion for technology, product, and design—to tackle the biggest challenges we can find. As an Associate Product Manager (APM) at Oath, you’ll work on two teams for a year each, driving end-to-end product strategy and development for high impact projects across the company. In addition, you’ll be part of a highly selective community of product, design, and engineering Associates who will challenge, inspire, and support you. You’ll be paired with senior product leaders across the company to mentor and support your growth.
Your day to day:
- Drive the overall product vision, strategy, roadmap, and requirements for your product.
- Synthesize and prioritize user needs and own the narrative of what problem should be solved, for whom, how, and why it matters.
- Build consensus and work collaboratively with engineering, design, and other key stakeholders.
- Define success metrics and analyze performance, balancing quantitative and qualitative insights to drive decisions and iterate quickly.
- Get up to speed quickly in new domains, becoming a subject matter expert who leads by example.
- Keep a strong bias for stepping up and taking action, yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and take guidance.
What we look for:
Technical background: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent technical understanding. You should know what it takes to build tech products and drive technical decisions with engineers.
Product sense: Strong product sense with an ability to envision technology solutions that address user needs and market opportunities.
Analytical ability: Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: you should be able to break down open-ended problems and move forward in the face of ambiguity.
Entrepreneurial spirit: Passion for technology products and services. Show us what you’ve built. Tell us what products you love, how you want to change this space, and why.
Leadership: Experience executing projects and partnering with cross-functional teams to drive high-quality results. Embrace the challenges that come with a fast-paced, creative, and innovative technology environment.
- Fewer than 2 years of post-college work experience.
To learn more about the APM program and what we’ve been up to, check out https://oath.com/apms .
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.